Training Currently Offered
Florida Concealed Weapons Training
Price: $50.00 for the 4-Hour training program.
The Florida Concealed Weapons Training Program is an adult program (over 21 only) in which participants will receive an introduction and basic training in firearm safety, fundamentals of shooting, and the laws on self-defense, concealed carrying and transportation of firearms. The opportunity to shoot a semi-auto pistol and/or revolver will be required. Our class is typically presented in the evenings and last about 3 to 3 1/2 hours , and the live fire exercise will be scheduled for 30 minutes on another day, based on your availability.
- Note: This is not an NRA Approved Training Program, but meets or exceeds the requirements to obtain your Florida Concealed Weapons License.
- Note: Women Only classes are also available.
Cost: $50.00 plus an additional range fee of $10.00 payable to range operator.
What to bring: Participants must supply their own firearm and a minimum of 30 rounds of ammunition for that firearm. Please notify ahead if firearm is needed.
- Classroom Training
- Florida Concealed Weapons Training Firearms Training Manual (Provided)
- Bring your firearm to training, however no ammunition is allowed in the Classroom;
- Firearms will be inspected prior to entering the training area.
- A notebook.
- If you wear glasses please bring them to class.
- Drink, snacks, and light food is allowed and encouraged in our classroom.
- Firearms Range Training
- No open shoes;
- Sneakers or boots only.
- Long pants;
- NO SHORTS OR SWEAT PANTS ALLOWED
- Crew neck t-shirt, dress or polo shirt
- NO TANK TOPS OR LOW CUT SHIRTS ALLOWED
- If you wear glasses please bring them to the range.
- You must supply your own Firearm.
- If you do not have a firearm, one will be available for you to complete the training.
- Ammunition: 30 Rounds of new, factory ammunition.
- NO RELOADS OR STEEL CASED AMMUNITION.
- Eye and Ear Protection; Personally owned protection is best, but eye and ear protection is also available at the range.
- Handgun(s) Revolver or Semi-Automatic Pistol.
- No open shoes;
NRA Refuse to be a Victim Seminar
A complete seminar may last as long as four or five hours and include the entire lesson plan, but a modified seminar may be as short as one or two hours and cover topics that best suit the needs of a particular audience. This is not a firearms instruction course, and does not include instruction in physical combat self-defense. Seminars teach common weaknesses that criminals may take advantage of, and a variety of corrective measures that are practical, inexpensive and easy to follow. The seminar includes classroom instruction on criminal psychology, automobile crimes; cyber safety, home security, and a variety of crime prevention strategies including carjack avoidance techniques, use of personal safety devices, and more. Students receive the Refuse To Be A Victim® student handbook, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim® brochure, NRA Become A Refuse To Be A Victim® Instructor Brochure, Refuse To Be A Victim® Firearms Supplement, and a course completion certificate.
NRA Home Firearms Safety Course
This is a four-hour course for safe gun handling that is conducted in the classroom only. Students are taught NRA’s three rules for safe gun handling; primary causes of firearms accidents; firearm parts; how to unload certain action types; ammunition components; cleaning; care; safe storage of firearms in the home; and the benefits of becoming an active participant in the shooting sports. Students will receive the NRA Home Firearm Safety handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Basic Firearm Training Program brochure, course completion certificate. This course does not meet the requirements for the Florida Concealed Weapons License.
Other Training Programs
Other Training Programs are available by our instructors, who hold numerous instructor ratings within the NRA and are also Certified Instructors for the Florida Law Enforcement and Security fields. Email email@example.com if you would like to inquire about a specific training program.